MEETINCS is always concerned at the highest level to respect your privacy, and it exercises the strictest care as to how your personal data is processed.
This confidentiality policy document describes:
• what personal data we collect about you,
• how we obtain your personal data,
• how we use your personal data,
• on what basis we use your personal data,
• how long we keep your personal data,
• with whom we share your personal data,
• how we protect your personal data,
• to which countries we transfer your personal data,
• your rights concerning your personal data.
MEETINCS refers to Meetings, Translations and Incentives Services S.A., its subsidiaries or activities performed under other names, more particularly representing one or more distinct activities (e.g. segwaytours.lu, minettconcert.lu, and so on).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We can collect personal data about you within the context of our activities, particularly when you visit our web sites, when you contact us or ask us for data, when you use our organisational or other services or by virtue of your relations with one or more members of our staff and our clients.
The personal data we process includes:
· basic data, such as your name (including any prefix or title), the company for which you work, your job title or position and your relations with somebody in our company,
· contact data, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number(s),
· financial data, such as data relating to the payment of invoices,
· technical data, such as data about your visits to our web sites or applications or in relation to documents and communications which we send to you by electronic mail,
· data which you give to us to assist in meetings and events, including access and food requirements,
· identification and basic data provided by you within the context of our business acceptance processes,
· personal data given to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us during or for the effective or potential provision of our services, which may include specific categories of data,
· any other data about you which you may provide.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
· We collect data from you within the context of our business acceptance processes about you and others, if necessary within the context of providing services.
· We collect your personal data whilst supervising our technical tools and services, including our web sites and communications by email sent to our company or entities.
· We collect data about you when you give it to us, or interact directly with us, for example when you engage with our staff or when you register on one of our digital platforms or applications.
· We can collect or receive data about you from other sources, for example by keeping the details we already hold about you accurate and up-to-date, or by using sources available publicly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MEETINCS collects and processes personal data about you in several ways, including through your use of our web sites and in the provision of our services. We use this data in order:
· to provide and improve our web sites, including the audit and monitoring of their use,
· to provide and improve our services to you and to our clients, including management of the personal data of others on behalf of our clients,
· to provide data requested by you,
· to promote our services, including sending publications and details of events,
· to manage and administer our relations with you and our clients,
· to fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including the establishment, exercise or defence of or against legal claims,
· for recruitment purposes.
USE OF THE WEB SITES MEETINCS.LU, SEGWAYTOURS.LU, CONGRESS.LU, MINETTCONCERT.LU, ILEC.LU AND SALONFEELWELL.LU
A certain number of facilities on our web sites invite you to provide personal data, such as our job offer service and our email request facilities. The aim of these facilities is made clear at the time when you provide your personal data and we only use such data for those specific purposes.
MARKETING AND OTHER EMAILS
We use your personal data to learn whether you have read the emails and other documents, such as publications, invitations or various announcements, which we have sent. Click on the links to the data we include in those documents and on the manner in which you visit our web sites, after having clicked on this link (immediately and on future visits). We do this by using software which places a cookie on your device to monitor this activity and records it in relation to your email address. The deletion of this cookie will not affect your experience on our web sites. We can also use a relationship management tool, when the applicable legislation so permits, to assess the strength of the relationship between the member of our staff and our clients or potential clients depending on the frequency of contacts by electronic mail between them. We use such data to assess, analyse and improve the services we provide. If you receive marketing communications from us and you do not wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by sending us an electronic mail to the address email@example.com or by unsubscribing on the email in question.
MEETINGS, EVENTS AND SEMINARS
We collect and process personal data about you when you are present in our offices or at an event or seminar organised by MEETINCS or its commercial partners. We only process and use specific categories of personal data concerning your food or access requirements in order to meet those requirements and to fulfil any other legal or regulatory obligation we may have. We can share your data with IT service providers and other suppliers or commercial partners involved in the organisation of the event concerned.
ORGANISATIONAL AND OTHER SERVICES
We collect your personal data, create data bases, and retain and use such data within the context of and in relation to the services we provide to our clients. We process identification and general data as part of our commercial acceptance, financial, administrative and marketing processes, including checks in relation to money laundering, conflicts, reputation and finance. We also process personal data provided to us by or on behalf of our clients for the purposes of the work we do for them. Data may be disclosed to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary in relation to such work.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data on the following bases:
· to execute a contract, such as an undertaking to an individual to provide organisational or other services,
· to establish, exercise or defend against claims or legal proceedings,
· to comply with legal and regulatory obligations,
· for legitimate commercial purposes.
Your personal data will be retained in accordance with our global policy on the retention of data which categorises all the data held by MEETINCS and specifies the retention appropriate for each category of data. These retention periods are based on the requirements of laws applicable with regard to data protection and the purpose of their collection and use, taking account of legal and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of data for a minimum period in line with deadlines for statute-barring, good practice and the commercial objectives of MEETINCS.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are an organisation and translation company and we offer various associated services and any data you give us may be shared and processed by any entity in the MEETINCS network and among our associated companies and activities. We can also share your personal data with certain trusted third parties in accordance with any contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
· our professional advisers and auditors,
· suppliers to which we outsource certain support services such as text processing, translation, photocopying and proof-reading documents,
· providers of IT services to MEETINCS,
· third parties engaged within the context of the services we provide to clients, and with the prior consent of the latter, such as lawyers, local councils and providers of technological or IT services, such as data management services or in the case of hosting or organising events or seminars,
· if necessary, or for the reasons stated in this policy document, personal data may also be shared with the regulatory authorities, courts and government or legal organisations,
· although this is not very likely, we may be obliged to disclose your data in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will make every reasonable effort to inform you prior to doing so, unless we are legally prevented from doing so.
MEETINCS may use social media sites such as Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. If you use those services, you should consult their confidentiality policy for more data on the manner in which they process your personal data. We do not sell, lease or provide third parties with your personal data, except with your prior authorisation.
Your confidential data will never be sold to third parties.
Events organised by MEETINCS are public events, even if a participation fee is charged. In order to promote its activities, MEETINCS informs you that photographs and/or videos may be taken and may be disseminated in whole or in part on the MEETINCS website, on MEETINCS' Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram accounts, as well as in any other promotional publications of MEETINCS. All data collected in this way is processed in accordance with the DPMR, as specified in this MEETINCS privacy statement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use various technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction, in accordance with the laws applicable to data protection.
In order to provide our services, we may be forced to transfer your personal data to sites outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it or when you consult one of our web sites for the purposes stated in this confidentiality policy document.
This may involve a transfer of your data to a location outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a location inside the EEA. The level of protection of data in countries outside the EEA may be lower than that offered within the EEA. In that case, we will take all appropriate measures to guarantee that your personal data remains protected and secure in accordance with the laws applicable with regard to data protection. When our third party service providers process personal data outside the EEA, within the context of providing such services, our written agreement with them will include the appropriate measures, generally in the from of standard contractual clauses.
YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union and other laws applicable to data protection provide certain rights for persons concerned.
You are entitled to ask for details of the data we hold about you and the manner in which we process it. You may also be entitled, in accordance with the law on data protection, to rectify or delete it, restrict the processing of such data, prevent unauthorised transfers of your personal data to third parties and, in certain cases in relation to you, to request that it be transferred to another organisation.
You may also be entitled to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data by MEETINCS with the local supervisory authority. If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you have given your consent to such processing and wish later to withdraw it, we will respect your choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) might mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the above objectives or you may not be able to use the services and products we offer.
Please note that even after having chosen to withdraw your consent, we may continue to process your personal data to the extent required or otherwise authorised by the law, in particular regarding the exercise and defence of our legal rights or fulfilment of our legal or other obligations.
Any questions regarding your personal data should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We must assure ourselves that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date. As a consequence, we would ask you to inform us of any change of your data by sending an email to email@example.com.
Strassen, 17 May 2018